Wednesday 20 February 2008

Holiday creativeness!

I started reading Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist, and read about half of it before stopping. I didn't like it, and it definitely didn't change my life, even though it said it would on the cover ;-). I do like Siri Hustvedt's the Enchantment of Lily Dahl though. She is amazing at observing and describing small everyday details, and I feel I can see and smell this small town in Minnesota.

Last monday I went to ThePerfectShop and bought a few things. I had long been planning a new quilt, something in blueish colours, so this is what I came home with:



I have been cutting out about a gazillion squares already, and now only new to cut out 100 gazillion more!

I also bought this cute scissor (I never thought I would use that word about a scissor...):



Ever since reading this blog-post from ZebraKnits I have been dreaming about something similar. I have spent hours and hours of googling through the entire (!) internet, but found nothing. So I decided I had to design it myself:



And this is the beginning of it: