Sunday 17 February 2008

Not for the faint-hearted

Not for the vegetarian at least. I made some Ossobuco yesterday, and I even took some pictures, so here we go:

First off you have to pour yourself some white wine:



Ossobuco is basically a cows leg cut into thick slices. Cover them in flour with salt and pepper, and throw them on a frying pan:



Until they look like this:



At the same time, fry some onions and garlic in some butter or oil:



Put the meat to the onions, pour in 1 can of chopped tomatoes, white wine and stock, and let it simmer for 2 hours or so. You know its ready when the meat melts on your tongue. Put some gromolata on top.




Now to the part that really is not for the faint-hearted! As a highschool teacher I see the newest fashion trends on my students, and I am used to them wearing the most absurd clothes. I also almost accept that the 80s are back, with leggins and bangs, but I almost fainted when one of my students was wearing a giant sweater. Yes. A. GIANT. SWEATER. THEY ARE BACK! It was someting similar to this. OMF! Please please let this only be a fashionmistake by a naive teenager!